Detroit Rock City, 1999 - ★★★

Detroit Rock City, 1999 - ★★★

REVIEWED



“Tsk, tsk, tsk. I really wanted things to work out for you my weasly dim-witted friend.” - Trip (James DeBello)



After the drummers crazy, Christian mother destroys their KISS tickets. Four teenage members of a college rock band, try increasingly more insane ways to get to see their idols.


Its not essential to like rock music, but it sure helps with this shit funny, nostalgia inducing teen comedy, from the retarded mind of Adam Rifkin. The four kids share fantastic chemistry, and I don't mean by their drug use.


[Personal Reasons For Remembering]

Theres too many funny bits to name check. I'll probably remember the scene a group of Italian gangster disco freaks trash the bands 8 track KISS cassette. Because it made me hit ebay to see the price and availability of old 8 tracks these days (and they had Kiss, Floyd, Zepp ones).






Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: