Rigor Mortis, 2013 - ★★★

Rigor Mortis, 2013 - ★★★

REVIEWED



“I started out as an accident, you always said my evil would be the end of me.” - Uncle Tung (Richard Ng)

Visually Arresting homage to 70's/80s HK horror, follows the creepy goings on in an apartment block, thats seen better days.

Rigor Mortis gained shit loads of hype across the globe from various film & horror festivals. And rightly so its got bags of things in its favour, chiefly the wild OTT effects work and eerie atmosphere. But its lack of cohesive plot early on, and its mundane obvious conclusion, left me (Tsui) harking back to the glory days of HK supernatural movies.

[Personal Reasons For Remembering]
The spooky sisters stole it for me. Was neat seeing Asian cult cinemas Richard Ng in a modern flick. Plus I'll keep my peepers on director Juno Mak.



Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: