A Lonely Cow Weeps at Dawn, 2009 - ★½

A Lonely Cow Weeps at Dawn, 2009 - ★½

REVIEWED



"Milk me."

- Noriko (Ryôko Asagi)



In the milky way, no one can hear you cream... Widower Noriko wakes each morning and pretends to be her senile father-in-laws cow. The pair form a strangely bittersweet relationship, each fulfilling the others lonely needs.


I only viewed Daisuke Gotô's 'A Lonely Cow Weeps at Dawn' to cross it from Trashy Trios list. It tries to be a serious study of loneliness (least I think it was trying), I tried keeping an open mind but its bizarre relationship and the fact the story breaks into unglamorous AV territory every 15 or so minutes left me with the opinion its more trash than meaningful drama (and unmemorable trash at that).


[Personal Reasons For Remembering]

Lactating wise it was relatively empty, Miike's Visitor Q and genuine pinku's this wasn't.






Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: