The Purge: Anarchy, 2014 - ★★

The Purge: Anarchy, 2014 - ★★

REVIEWED



"We worship at the alter of Smith & Wesson."

- Carmelo (Michael K. Williams)



Another night another nightmare.


Is it pure coincidence March 22 i.e. 322 is the code name of Bush’s secret satanic Skull and Bones cult at Yale? I personally think not. Sadly this not too distant futureshock pap isn't all that interesting beyond one or two little in details like that and few admittedly good flourishes of action. This second more action based Purge changes focus from its home invasion (hence why I wouldn't rank this as an horror anymore) first outing and brings the fight for survival onto the streets. It bares an enormous debt to John Carpenter's Escape from New York, theres also more than a passing nod towards open world city shooters like GTA V. Wasn't for me I'm afraid, though I'd expect this shit will run into 2 or more sequels before the masses get bored.


[Personal Reasons For Remembering]

For being curious why everything was GREEN tinted, until I read a few conspiracy crank theories why.






Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: