Summer of Blood, 2014 - ★★★

Summer of Blood, 2014 - ★★★
REVIEWED

When the love of your life dumps you and says "I would rather mount a chainsaw, than be with you again", its time for a change. But egotistical motormouth Eric Sparrows change is probably going too far.

Amusing comedy with a streak of horror flowing though its veins. I caught the painfully unfunny vampire comedy 'Bloodsucking Bastards' a few days ago, so was a little reluctant in seeing another so soon. But Onur Tukel is a very funny guy, I first noticed him a few years back in an indie gem called 'Septien'. His style seems very improvised but I'm sure hes been jotting his observations down and tweaking them for years. I could have lived without his indie shaky cam'isms. And its far from a genuine horror, which Onur himself admits - its horror purely because its easier to market. But its very entertaining, and made me laugh enough to recommend it. Now I've gotta hunt out his 1st vampire comedy 'Drawing Blood'.


IMDB Page
Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: