What We Do in the Shadows, 2014 - ★★★

What We Do in the Shadows, 2014 - ★★★
REVIEWED

..::Selection for Hoop-tober 2.o Horror Fest::..
"I don't think shes a virgin if shes doing that" - Deacon
Amusing mockumentary following the night to night life of three house sharing vampires, well four if you count the quiet Nosferatu one (clever making him silent).

Guaranteed I was probably expecting too much, having had noticed the huge ratings previously, and heard folks claiming that its horrors version of 'This is Spinal Tap'. Sadly for me it isn't in the same league, its humors far too silly and obvious, and whats left was pretty hit'n'miss at that. I'd have prefered a 'Man Bites Dog' type hyper reality than the childish caricatures of the vampires we got. The only character who really worked for me was the female 'familiar' assistant, because she had a realistic personality. I liked it but was it funny? sure a few bits rocked I laughed at the swearwolves and worms trick not working on chips gag. But most of it felt like I was 'Little Vampire' or childrens BBC's brilliant 'Young Dracula'. Guess its one best suited for the 'Twilight' fans.


IMDB Page
Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: