Daddy, 1973 - ★½

Daddy, 1973 - ★½

REVIEWED



"Now that your about to fall into that long, long sleep... I'll tell you a bedtime story."

- Niki De Saint Phalle



French sculptor & painter Niki De Saint Phalle confronts her sexual abusive past and her own dark internal fantasies.


Brave, confrontational, subversive guerrilla art! or morally repugnant trash!... I'm honestly not sure (personally I think it leans towards the later). Either way its likely been viewed more by perverts (and not the nice ones like me, but the pedophile kind) than it ever has by cinephiles. I've zero opinion on it tbh outside of it being one those joyless experiences I wish I hadn't have stumbled over.


[Personal Reasons For Remembering]

Nothing, I'm planning on taking electroshock therapy to forget I ever caught this.






Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: