Wyrmwood, 2014 - ★★

Wyrmwood, 2014 - ★★
REVIEWED

.::Scavenger Hunt #14 May 2016 - Film #1::.

"A star called wyrmwood falls to the earth and kills a fuckload of people, its pretty much the beginning of the end." - Frank (Keith Agius)

Sorry for being harsh on a film most people seem to have enjoyed, but I found it meh. Not sure if it was down to my sombre mood while viewing, because I usually love Ozploitation and this style of comical splatter shit in general, but I found it totally lacking. Guess it didn't help I really wanted to view Scare Campaign as my scavenger hunt Oz horror pick, so admittedly Wyrmwood was always going to feel like a consolation viewing.

While I fully appreciate every generation deserves its own variety of movies, whether they're masterpieces or trash. This was just far too derivative of far superior filmmakers work. And the silly telepathy angle didn't fit either the zombie or post apocalypse/road warrior sub genres. Hell it took me long enough to accept zombies running, I'm never gonna accept Brookes special powers.


IMDB Page
Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: