Proxy, 2013 - ★★★½

Proxy, 2013 - ★★★½

REVIEWED



"I just came to do the things you couldn't do.

- Esther (Alexia Rasmussen)



Pregnant loner Esther is violently attacked and loses the child. After her trauma shes understandably feeling dissociated, her only form of solace is a support group for parents who've lost children. Here she connects with a young mother Melanie, who hasn't even lost her child.


I'd previously seen Zack Parker's Scalene and mentioned he likes to riff on Hitchcockian music and camera angles. Proxy continues that during key segments, but thankfully its a much more rewarding and focussed film than I remember Scalene being. At least I knew what I should be feeling with the films atmosphere and story this time around.


[Personal Reasons For Remembering]

I'll be your mirror reflect what you are...






Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: