Images, 1972 - ★★★½

Images, 1972 - ★★★½
REVIEWED

Hehe to say I'm a little late to the table with this, is an understatement. I only found out about it thanks to the current letterbox'd boom in 70's horror. I'm not sure how a Robert Altman films managed to slip under my radar this long. Its an effective psychological thriller more than horror. Featuring wonderful cinematography (especially the scenes in the beautiful but cold looking Irish hills) and a sterling central performance from Susannah York (she always had magnetic screen presence, even if she didn't always land great roles). I'll be honest I was less impressed with the other characters than hers. And it got a little obvious and rushed feeling towards its conclusion. Far from his best or most entertaining, it sure was a different film by Altman. But its well crafted and for most part left the viewer to draw their own conclusions, which sadly seems a lost art in this day and age.


IMDB Page
Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: