REVIEWED
Firstly I'm all for the franchise returning to its scarier less humor laden roots, but for me it fell far short of expectations. The plot was boring, we didn't see Chucky moving until around the halfway mark (until that point I was dreading one of those premises where there was a human killer instead of the doll). The acting was also substandard, I've honestly seen fan made movies with more commitment and talent (saving the cameos by genuine actors for the final scenes was just a waste, the film had already lost my full attention ages earlier).
It wasn't surprising in the least to me that it went vod, to save the risk and expense of costly promoting a cinema run. Rumors theres at least one more entry due, but screw it the franchise like the doll itself deserves to be laid to rest.
[Personal Reasons For Remembering]
The extremely curious plot switch of the sister and her au-paire being lesbians, for no apparent reason (I guess other than being a bit fruity).
Originally taken from Letterboxd
No comments:
Post a Comment