REVIEWED
"This isn't blood its love jam" - Onur Tukel (Amos Rawlings)
Brilliant little indie picture following a broken rustic family of middling aged brothers, the Rawlings. They get reunited with their long absent brother Cornelius, who had been a gifted sportsman but drifted away due to finding it impossible to cope with an incident during his adolescence. Things come to an head when the protagonist of Cornelius's pain surfaces and the family are forced to deal with their situation head on.
Septien creates such a unique tone, best way I can describe it is that its sort of like a dark abstract folk song. It starts following the four brothers and their eccentric behavior just carrying out their small interests and just passing time, but the film weaves itself together eventually to make a fantastic no doubt personal to the filmmakers story. I liked it, I'm sure many many won't. By no means the best film I've seen recently but its certainly one of the most individual, which is always cool. I'm down for more Michael Tully films.
[Personal Reasons For Remembering]
I came for the outsider art, and stayed for the odd.
Originally taken from Letterboxd
No comments:
Post a Comment