Trance, 2013 - ★

Trance, 2013 - ★

REVIEWED


Contender for Danny Boyles worst movie to date, and I'm usually a huge fan (him being a local lad and all). I actually fell asleep through it on two separate occasions, finally completing it on my third attempt (and it isn't all that long).


It left me feeling exactly the same as I had with Christopher Nolans Inception, after all the glossy visuals and mental acrobatics had worn off there wasn't any depth or great reveal. Just that lingering feeling of being cheated & fooled by triggers placed at various stages through the plot to lead me to the end.


James McAvoy & Vincent Cassel both quality actors, did what they could but deserve better material. Everyone else felt like extras from a Guy Ritchie movie. Visually it was a very mixed bag, some segments looked sharp while others bits looked like run of the mill British TV crime drama.


[Personal Reasons For Remembering]

Other than my eyelids closing all I'll remember is Rosario Dawson going full on bond girl & full frontal (all be it faintly manipulated by effects).






Originally taken from Letterboxd

No comments: